Quote

,,One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating.
And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends. ,,
-Laurie Colwin

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello! Happy Birthday! ..I’m your birthday present.

Hello. Happy Birthday ! I’m your birthday present.
In this way I started my day last Sunday at 9 am at one family’s door in Tartu. It was the lady’s birthday. She had no idea I was coming, so she was very surprised when her husband introduced me: “He is the head chef from Vilde restaurant and he is going to spend the day cooking for us and he is going to share some of the professional cooking secrets”. I was told she really likes cooking and I was very impressed about the number of cooking books she had.So we sat down for a coffee, while I checked the conditions and the utensils from the kitchen. We talked about the menu and we went off for shopping, where we spent about 2 hours. I was trying to show them the way I think when I shop and finally we decided the menu according to what we found.We returned home like this:



This is my menu for 15 persons:
Focaccia one of my favorite bread , 
  




  Olive tapenade , marinated olives, filo pastry with avocado and feta, duck liver pate and hummus for starter.
 
 
Main course with Shell fish Jambalaya, Duck confit with orange and Pork roulade with sun-dried tomatoes and basil in a mustard sauce .





For dessert we made a wonderful French classic lemon tart and a nice soft cheese cake with strawberry.


We all try to create roses to decorate the cake and we have great fun.






My day is to end  and I promise to post the recipes as soon as I have some time.. A nice day with fantastic people, good  fresh food and  lots of fun ... I do not think I can ask for more in one day.






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts